Just Business! [Complete]

"I'm with you on this, Big C, but you need to let my men go once we reach the city," Callum lowered his head so that thier words were between them. "My merc company is the right side of the law. What I do on my own time is my business, but I can't drag them into it."

Cal nodded his agreement. He didn't quite get how Alia's merc team worked, or how she got away with what she got away with, but he would not break her trust on this, if she wanted this to be between them then so be it.

"So how and when we taking this Corvino down? Do I get to steal something?"

"That would depend on how quick your fingers are." Cal replied and climbed off the wagon. They had come into his warehouse through the back way, Callum was under no illusion that Corvino would have someone watching the front, and he had taken the long way around the city. He didn't want to tip his hand yet. The man was a snake, his reputation was earned but he had a nasty side to him that had rumours over the years that a few rivals had vanished and thier trade mysteriously passed into his hands. 

There had been a rivalry between Corvino and the Kennedys stretching back a while. he had wanted a big cut in the lucrative booze business Stephen and then Callums own family had claimed it as theirs, especially with the marriage between Liam and Magdalena keeping the alcohol trade in thier hands firmly. Apparently Corvino had not been happy when he heard about that. Now he couldn't touch the lucrative Antivan markets. 

Callum waited until the doors to the warehouse were closed and lit the torches around the edge, he dismissed the workers for the evening and only when it was just him and Alia he moved to the chest and unlocked it. "Something caught my eye when i opened it out there." Reaching his huge hand in he pulled two statues out from the bottom. "I'm no expert on this, not my field but i don't know if you are aware but, a merchant caravan was hit several weeks ago. That caravan belonged to Albert Terell. I don't know the man other than he is the Bann's husband, but dad said he collected strange curios and these two were listed on the stolen items.

Callum looked them over, they were, impressive and if what he had been told right, renderings of the prophet Andraste, but not in the guise that the Chantry would allow ever to be seen. One was made in a pose of Andraste the Warrior, and the other the peacemaker.  He knew such a thing was rare. 

"Now i know the city guard checks every goods in the warehouse before market day, too look for stolen goods, so why do you think he would give me a chest of gold and silver with these at the bottom?" Callum knew she knew it was a rhetorical question. If the guards looked in this chest and found this, then his family was ruined. "Question is, do i let him know i know, or do i make sure the Bann receives this in that chest.  This is more your territory then mine Allie, what would you do?
Once her men were out of the picture, Callum confirmed that there was definitely going to be opportunities for a bit of thievery. Well, almost.

"That would depend on how fast your fingers are," he remarked. Alia scoffed. Was Big C really doubting her ability to steal? How rude!

Having entered the warehouse from the back, Callum now went about lighting some torches before sending all the regular workers home. Once they were by themselves, he returned to the chest that he had unfairly claimed from Alia after the ambush and unlocked it, throwinbg back the heavy lid. "Something caught my eye when i opened it out there."

She lifted onto her tiptoes, craning to get a glimpse around his broad frame.

Callum withdrew a pair of statues from underneath the glittering coin which she had too briefly glimped earlier. "I'm no expert on this, not my field but i don't know if you are aware but, a merchant caravan was hit several weeks ago. That caravan belonged to Albert Terell. I don't know the man other than he is the Bann's husband, but dad said he collected strange curios and these two were listed on the stolen items."

Folding her arms across her chest, Alia rolled her eyes. "So what? Bann Terrell makes a point of keeping her business separate from that of her husband's." She had no care for the beauty of the statues beyond what price that beauty might fetch. She was hardly a patron of the arts.

"Now i know the city guard checks every goods in the warehouse before market day, too look for stolen goods, so why do you think he would give me a chest of gold and silver with these at the bottom?"

Realisation rounded her mouth. That was actually... clever. A lot of time and effort when the sharp edge of a blade would do, but still clever. 

"Question is, do i let him know i know, or do i make sure the Bann receives this in that chest. This is more your territory then mine Allie, what would you do?"

"I think a set-up deserves to backfire," she stated bluntly. "And, if you're really asking me, I'd sell those as quick as I can slip a money purse from a noble." Nothing personal against the Terrell family. She just always remembered who was the priority in her life. "But this Corvino doesn't seem so dumb as to think you wouldn't suspect a double-cross." Even if Callum had accepted the chest as payment for the seizing of the goods from the wagon, Corvino must have anticipated that Callum would expect some kind of trap. "So what you've got to ask yourself is: has he already heard about his men? Because if he has, you can bet he's already tipped off the City Guards." A fact which made her antsy.

"Cal, get rid of the Maker-damned statues," she ordered. "Get one of your minions to deliver them to Terrell or just get rid of them. We've got enough to worry about without adding imprisonment onto the list." Her hand moved to the long handle of her axe. "And do you know what? For including me in this shit, I want to have a word with this Corvino as well." That the man had no clue who she was or could have anticipated her involvement did not matter to Alia. "No one tries to set me up and gets away with it."
"I think a set-up deserves to backfire," Alia was blunt in her assessment "And, if you're really asking me, I'd sell those as quick as I can slip a money purse from a noble." this was what he loved about her the way her brain moved  "But this Corvino doesn't seem so dumb as to think you wouldn't suspect a double-cross. So what you've got to ask yourself is: has he already heard about his men? Because if he has, you can bet he's already tipped off the City Guards.

Callum watched her expression closely and he knew when she was bout to make good sense, and right now she was making good sense.

"Cal, get rid of the Maker-damned statues, Get one of your minions to deliver them to Terrell or just get rid of them. We've got enough to worry about without adding imprisonment onto the list." he saw her hand move to her axe "And do you know what? For including me in this shit, I want to have a word with this Corvino as well. No one tries to set me up and gets away with it."

Cal didn't point out that it was actually him that was being set up, not wise to really. "Mister Kennedy," That was Roald his antivan elven warehouse manager "Guards on the way" 

"Sonofabitch." Cal wrapped the statues in some cloth and handed them to Roald and scribbled a note "Take this to Orlando, in the market district along with these. You tell him that if he doesnt get rid of them then i will be sure to let the Terrell's know who sold Nathanial and Thomas Howes armour to collectors in the Imperium." He waved his hands in a hurry gesture "Your the fastest man i have and take the back routes, hurry."  Cal looked at Alia "What? You think you're the only one with an impressive info network?" He locked the chest back up but kept it on show and he also kept hold of the orders he had taken from the dead merc. 

"Callum Kennedy, stand by for the Banns Guards Inspection." 

Callum swept his arm around "Of course Sargent and while you are checking my goods, perhaps your men would like to have some ale after. Must have been a long night." 

The Sargent was a grizzled looking man with numerous scars and a face only a mother could love. but his eyes and that of his men and women lit up at the thought of free ale. 

"What's in that chest?" He pointed to the chest just behind Callum. 

"What this? No idea i haven't opened it." Callum stood up and stepped to one side giving Alia a sideways glance "My merchant caravan was ambushed on the way back to Amaranthine by another merchants merc band. Must have been after my goods, you are welcome to look inside of course.

The Sargeant looked around the chest and looked down at the notes he had made. "Open it up please." he looked over his shoulder "This your chest that was stolen Mister Corvino?" 

Callum watched as Corvino sauntered into his warehouse like he owned it. A large man with gold along his fingers and around his neck a thick cigar sitting in the corner of his mouth. "Thats the one. my men were butchered by this man and his merc band."  

"Put that out." Callum told him with an edge to his voice "I have alcoholic spirits in here." Corvino sneered and puffed some more "I said, put it out or i will put it out."

"Do as Mister Kennedy says Mister Corvino." one of the other guards spoke and sighing the other merchant put his cigar out.  Callum undid the lock and took it off

"All yours Sargent." He replied and stepped back letting the officer search but keeping his eyes on Corvino. He could almost feel Alia's annoyance, it mirrored his own. Hopefully Roald was out the way by now, if the smart elf had done as he had asked he would be. 

"no one cheats me out of a deal Kennedy." Corvino whispered "Not your father and not you." 

Callum gave the man a hard stare but said nothing, and when the sergeant closed the lid and said "Carry on the search nothing in here that we should be concerned about." he saw Corvino's eyes widen. When the guards were gone there was going to be a reckoning. He took Alia to one side. 

"You know that when this lot have gone he will have his men and the guard on his payroll come in. These men and women serve the Bann, not all the guard do, not yet anyway. You gonna be ready for a fight?" 

What was smart about Big C was that he paid attention when he heard good sense - and when it came to this kind of shit, Alia spoke good sense. No sooner had one of his men confirmed that the City Guards were on their way, just as Alia had predicted, Callum was quick to act.

Wrapping the statues back up, he shoved them at the other man before scribbling a note. Alia didn't even bother to try and catch a glimpse. No point; it was all squiggly lines and some kind of weird magic to her. 

"Take this to Orlando, in the market district along with these. You tell him that if he doesnt get rid of them then i will be sure to let the Terrell's know who sold Nathanial and Thomas Howes armour to collectors in the Imperium." Alia arched a brow. Oh really? "Your the fastest man i have and take the back routes, hurry." Catching her look, Callum returned it with a slight air of exasperation. "What? You think you're the only one with an impressive info network?"

"Yeah, kinda," she shrugged, a grin playing about her lips. "Also think you screwed me over by not telling me when that armour was getting transported." She could have made a pretty penny off that. Not even from collectors, just people who loathed the Howes. Maybe less so Nathaniel but Thomas had been just like his father.

Locking the chest, Callum returned the key to around his neck. The Guard arrived only moments later.

"Callum Kennedy, stand by for the Banns Guards Inspection."

Ugh. Alia did not really deal much with the City Guard. Mainly because she was supposed to be legit - her mere company certainly was - but also because she was good at what she did. Only a loser got caught, literally and figuratively. Even so, she disliked being in close proximity to any of them. Who in their right mind would choose to be such a do-gooder? Sickening.

Callum, however, had no problem playing nice. Benefit of his upbringing, she supposed. Oh, his grandmother was ferocious, but that had never deterred Alia. Stopped Cal a lot of the time though.

"Of course Sargent and while you are checking my goods, perhaps your men would like to have some ale after. Must have been a long night."

The way that the Guards all perked up at the mention of a free drink made Alia roll her eyes. How dumb did you have to be? Free drinks didn't exist in this little world of theirs. There was always a reason why something was on offer. Always.

Still, the man wasn't completely useless as he did enquire about the chest. But Alia ignored the exchange as her attention was drawn to who she accurately guessed was Corvino. He looked the type who would suit her axe buried deep in his chest. Hopefully she could oblige soon.

"Thats the one," the new arrival confirmed. "My men were butchered by this man and his merc band." 

"Whose merc band?" she demanded indignantly but none of the men paid attention. She wasn't sure what pissed her off more: that her mercs were denied credit or that these idiots were ignoring her. It didn't really matter. Things got dangerous when Alia thought she was being ignored.

"Put that out." Callum ordered Corvino. "I have alcoholic spirits in here." When the man predictably took another puff, Cal got more tense. "I said, put it out or i will put it out."

Alia shifted, gripping her axe a little more firmly. If Cal was snuffing out cigars, Alia would be snuffing out things too. Like Corvino's brain.

One of the Guards intervened and since the man was pretending to be all legit, he was forced to do as he was told. Callum unlocked the chest and allowed the Guards to make their inspection. Something passed between Big C and Corvino but Alia couldn't hear. She did, however, note the surprise on the thug's face when the Guard found nothing worthy of arresting Cal over. The Guards were to carry on their inspection throughout the warehouse.

Callum drew Alia to one side. "You know that when this lot have gone he will have his men and the guard on his payroll come in. These men and women serve the Bann, not all the guard do, not yet anyway. You gonna be ready for a fight?

"Callum Stephen Kennedy--" Oh yeah, she was pissed enough to use his full name again. He better pay attention to what she had to say! "You had better not be suggesting I skip out on a brawl. Because if you are," and her eyes flashed, betraying her temper, "I will cut off your personal money bags - and I'm not talking the ones with coin. Are we clear?"

Satisfied that she had made her point, Alia moved onto what was more important: working out how to get even on this Corvino idiot. For all her indignation over Callum's question, it was true that she only fought to get herself out of trouble. She did not go looking to kill anyone. At the same time, if it was a choice between her and the other person, Alia was always going to back herself.

"But we gotta be smart about this." She didn't have the same smarts as what they taught in the Chantry but she was smart about how to navigate the backstreet politics of Amaranthine. "A direct confrontation just sets up a blood feud." Although it seemed that existed already but she was willing to bet (a small amount of coin) that the issue was Corvino himself. "Who is his lieutenant? There's no way that man inspires any loyalty. If we can get his lieutenant to turn on him, we can get him killed but agree a truce with whoever is left." She gestured with her head towards the door. "Tell me what they look like and I'll go find them. They'll be nearby. We just need to do this quickly."
"Callum Stephen Kennedy--

Did she just call him....Callums eyes narrowed and his brow knotted into an angry glare.

"You had better not be suggesting I skip out on a brawl. Because if you are, I will cut off your personal money bags - and I'm not talking the ones with coin. Are we clear?"

"Shut up you stupid git" He hissed just as angry as she was now "I was suggesting nothing of the sort, i merely asked if you were ready for it. Makers arse Allie you take things so personally sometimes." He inhaled deeply and looked around them to make sure that they were being left alone for now.  Silence for a moment between them then Alia said;

"But we gotta be smart about this. A direct confrontation just sets up a blood feud."

She wasn't wrong about that, there had been bad blood between his stepfather and Corvino for a long time, All apparently because a younger Stephen had outed Corvino's business practises that had him banned from the merchant guild for a year or two. That was back when Arl Rendon Howe was a semi decent (if he ever was) man. 

"Who is his lieutenant? There's no way that man inspires any loyalty. If we can get his lieutenant to turn on him, we can get him killed but agree a truce with whoever is left. Tell me what they look like and I'll go find them. They'll be nearby. We just need to do this quickly."

Now the angry look that made him look like a bit wolfish the way his brow knotted together, vanished and a spark of mischief lit up in his dark Green eyes

"I'll get the beers out that will give you time and er you know his Lieutenant, Marcus Danton? He tried to kiss you at a Summerday party and you smacked him round the chops for having bad breath and taking liberties, then you took his purse." Callum rubbed the stubble on his jaw "I think he's just about forgiven you." Cal went to the back and pulled out a medium sized keg then got some tankards  "Go on, I'll keep them here to give you some time." He glanced at her "If you can't remember what he looks like, ugly dude, rotten teeth has a stink of unwashed around him. You'll smell him before you see him." Turning from her he raised his voice a little "Now ladies and gentlemen before you head off to Dorman's warehouse have a drink or two but i suggest taking it steady, strong stuff don't want you getting done for being drunk on duty.

He gave Alia a pointed look then went about serving the thirsty guards all the while he kept his gaze on Corvino who looked for all the world like he was about to explode.  Cal poured a tankard for himself "Cheers"

"Thanks Mister Kennedy, we'll have this then leave you to prepare for tomorrow.  Nice to see you run a clean warehouse." The Sargeant said. Cal looked straight at Corvino and smiled a little. 

"Cleaner than some." he muttered. 
Once again, Callum recognised good sense when he heard it.

"I'll get the beers out that will give you time," he agreed, eyes alight with the possibilities dancing in front of the. "And er you know his Lieutenant, Marcus Danton? He tried to kiss you at a Summerday party and you smacked him round the chops for having bad breath and taking liberties, then you took his purse."

She let out a groan. Not because the man was a former victim of her light-fingered-tendencies but because she did recall that particularly repulsive specimen of man. This was going to be even more difficult. She wasn't sure she could stop herself from retching if she had to endure that bad breath again.

Rubbing at his jaw, Callum went on. "I think he's just about forgiven you."

Forgiven her?! That was rich! Alia was the one who had been previously harmed by being in proximity of the man.

Paying no attention to the way her face twisted and screwed up, Callum went to fetch one of his kegs and grabbed some tankards to go with it. "Go on, I'll keep them here to give you some time." He cast a brief glance towards her. "If you can't remember what he looks like, ugly dude, rotten teeth has a stink of unwashed around him. You'll smell him before you see him."

"This is going to be reflected in your charge for my services," she muttered darkly. While Callum called through to the Guards, Alia took the opportunity to slip outside, her departure going unnoticed by the others who assumed she was just another hired-help.

Just as Callum had anticipated, there was a substantial number of goons taking up space in the shadows around his warehouse. And just as Alia had anticipated, the leader - and Cal had not been mistaken: it was that disgusting creature Marcus - was within hearing distance of the open doorway, clearly waiting for a signal from his boss.

It took all of Alia's self-control not to vomit all over Marcus while they held their heated exchange. But, in the end, Alia got her way: Marcus was fed up of the measly pay and missed opportunities under the iron fist of Corvino. If Kennedy could guarantee that Corvino would be removed permanently from Amaranthine, Marcus would help make that happen.

With the agreement under her belt - and nothing belonging to Marcus, thank the Maker - Alia returned to the warehouse. She met Callum's eye for a brief moment and gave a subtle nod, indicating that all was in place.

No sooner had the City Guard departed from the warehouse than Corvino started on his big talk. Alia rolled her eyes, moving closer to Big C's flank so that she was ready for an attack. Just because Corvino no longer had the back up of his men did not mean that he himself was not dangerous. 

"Hey," Alia cut through his bragging, bored of it all. "Can you just call your sleazy goons so we can get this over with?"
"Hey," Alia cut through his bragging, bored of it all. "Can you just call your sleazy goons so we can get this over with?"

When Alia had come back the guard had gone leaving just Corvino sauntering around the warehouse, muttering and humming to himself. He had already taunted the younger Kennedy with his plans for what he intended to do with everything and when Alia spoke his eyes narrowed at the street wretch for daring to interrupt him. 

"You know Kennedy, no one in the Merchant Guild likes your family, outsiders coming in and taking up the bulk of the booze trade." 

"Not outsiders." Cal sighed board now "my family is from Amaranthine, Now quit your stalling and lest get this over with." Alia knew Callum and his brother were born in West Hill, but thier family was from Amaranthine always had been, the Kennedy family had been in Amaranthine since the days of the Avvar if the stories were to be believed. 

Corvino laughed "Say goodbye to everything you own Kennedy." and shouted "Now!" 

The doors opened and Cal arched an eyebrow wondering if Dayton had gone back on his word but no all that appeared were the dirty guards on his payroll. The expression on his face was priceless, especially when Drayton did appear, nod at Alia and Callum and closed the doors walking away whistling to himself. Callum murmured to himself and turned his attention to the guard "One chance to walk away or you die here thats all you get."  They looked at each other then at Corvino then...launched themselves at Callum and Alia "Oh well i tried." and drawing his great sword he dived in alongside Alia. 

It wasn't so much the guards he wanted, it was Corvino he wanted taking Alia's dagger from her belt he threw it and the maker must have been on thier side because the dagger landed through Corvino's knee laying him low, he wouldn't be going anywhere and they could now concentrate on the fight at hand. 

"Just like Wintersend when you rescued me from the lethal arms of Harriet Jacobs," he actually shuddered at the thought "thanks for that by the way. I think i was traumatised by it." he took the arm off one guard and raised his sword again. He yelped as an arrow hit his shoulder, that was going to hurt, it hurt more when he pulled it out. "ok lets do this but i want to beat that bastard to a pulp!" he winced a bit but at some point adrenalin took over "Married huh? lets hope we get you out in one piece so you can go do ... whatever it is you do."  and he began to swing his sword over his head 
Apparently Alia was supposed to care that Big Bad Corvino glared at her. Instead, she shone a bright breezy smile in his direction, even wiggling her fingers in a coy little greeting. See, the problem was that while Corvino was a very large problem for the likes of Cal and his family, he meant nothing to Alia. She did not have a large business that could be threatened by his actions; she had just herself, and she was most definitely not threatened by this little performance. In fact, she would bet Callum's coin purse (not her own, obviously) that this wasn't the only place that Corvino gave a little performance. But she knew how Big C got when she made those kinds of jokes. All red-faced and puffing away... prude.

"You know Kennedy, no one in the Merchant Guild likes your family, outsiders coming in and taking up the bulk of the booze trade."

Alia rolled her eyes, leaning against a pillar. Aside from maybe the damn Howes, who could claim they weren't an outsider? It was a damn port!

Callum was also not rising to the bait. "Not outsiders." He sighed, clearly fed up with this as much as Alia. "My family is from Amaranthine. Now quit your stalling and lest get this over with."

Laughing - probably because no one else was - Corvino sneered at Cal. "Say goodbye to everything you own Kennedy." A heartbeat later, he yelled, "Now!"

Snorting, Alia watched the comedy unfold. She bet this lacklustre climax was also something which happened quite often to Corvino, though not in a warehouse. No sooner had the man yelled than the door opened to reveal only the pitiful few who had not followed Drayton. A moment later, Drayton himself appeared, nodding at the occupants inside the warehouse before strolling away. 

Big C tried to offer the guards a chance to escape but they were dumb. Grinning, Alia had her axe at the ready, taking a swing as soon as they first one launched themselves at her. She was handling herself just fine when she felt a yank from her belt.

What the... She glanced down to see that Callum had snatched her dagger. How dare he! Then again, when she saw the shot he made - striking against Corvino's knee and bringing him to the ground - she decided to overlook the sheer impudence. Just this once.

"Just like Wintersend when you rescued me from the lethal arms of Harriet Jacobs," Callum reminded her, noticeably shuddering. "thanks for that by the way. I think i was traumatised by it."

"Less talking, more hacking!" she snapped at him. Honestly, what was it with men and trying to ruin a good time by talking? Just stick the business end of something into someone!

Unfortunately, Big C took that thought a little more literally than Alia had intended. An arrow pierced his shoulder and he let out a decidedly unmanly yelp. Still, it was reasonably admirable the way that he yanked it out. "ok let's do this but i want to beat that bastard to a pulp!" Finally! "Married huh? lets hope we get you out in one piece so you can go do ... whatever it is you do."

While Callum waved his big sword around, Alia ducked under the hasty slashes of the guardsmen, elbowing and kicking out as much as she used her axe. She was not an elegant fighter, but who needed elegance so long as the right people got hurt? And by right people, she meant anyone that was not on her side.

She lunged for the archer, leaving Cal to deal with the idiots who were piling on him. Grinning, she laid a solid punch against the man's glass jaw. Ha! All archers had a glass jaw. It was why they chose to use a long distance weapon; they couldn't actually fight. No one would ever convince her differently. With the man stretched out on the ground, stunned and bruised, Alia took her axe and relieved the man of his head (as well as his purse). That was that little inconvenience remedied!

Soon, there was only Corvino left. The remainder of the Guard, all piss-poor fighters so no wonder they had given up being loyal to the Bann, lay strewn about Big C's warehouse in varying degrees of living. Humming beneath her breath, Alia sauntered between them, having recovered her dagger, and swiftly slit their throats. Just because she didn't often kill didn't mean she didn't know how. It was an occupational hazard. Besides, her slitting their throats was a much kinder death than Corvino would have agreed to giving her or Callum.

"What you doing with this one then?" she called to Callum, standing near to Corvino. He made to grab at her and she snarled, deliberately kicking out at his wounded knee. He squealed in a mixture of pain and rage, collapsing onto the ground. "Maker, he's actually pathetic."[/i]
"What you doing with this one then?" she called to Callum, standing near to Corvino. He made to grab at her and she snarled, deliberately kicking out at his wounded knee. He squealed in a mixture of pain and rage, collapsing onto the ground. "Maker, he's actually pathetic."

Callum breathed harshly, he was not an unfit man but the greatsword took a lot of energy out of him and truth be told he was glad it was all over. bodies lay strewn across the warehouse, he was going to have to get him men back here to clear this mess up, Dumping them in a back alley somewhere would be sufficient he supposed. 

He sheathed his sword and crouched down at the man, Alia was right, he was pathetic, but he was still dangerous, as pathetic as he was and sometimes they made the worst enemy. "He'll never leave my mother and stepfather alone." Callum looked around and searched the mans body, taking a set of keys from the inside of his rather ruined expensive coat now. Holding up the keys he looked at them then at Corvino then back at the keys. 

"Give me your dagger" he told Alia as a plan formed in his mind. 

"You wouldnt dare to anything to me Kennedy, your too soft like your mother and your brother...."

Callum looked at him but said nothing, but his eyes said more than words ever could. Not many people realised just how much of a dark side Callum had. He kept it well hidden. Probably came from years of having to. He knew what Amaranthine was like, he had seen merchants rise and fall and sell each other for a piece of the pie and the Arl did little about why would he? he had other things going on, if the whispers were anything to be believed and, like said greedy vermin that scurried through the docks looking for the next piece of a very lucrative pie, Corvino had just got lucky, 

He picked Corvino up and took him to the back area and into his office and grabbing some rope he tied him to a table. "You come from Antiva and think you can run this city with a word and a pouch of coin here and there." Callum told him and raised his finger so the man stayed quiet "You steal other peoples livelihoods and call it yours, and when they don't do what you want you kill them or you torture them and thier bodies end up in the amaranthine ocean." he slashed the dagger across the mans arm "Guess where you are going to end up and guess whats gonna be mine." He let a dark smile cross his face "When you are dead i am going to take everything you have, everything." he cut the other arm "There are some nasty beasties in the oceans.

Corvinos screams echoed for a short while then stopped, when they stopped Callum came out washing the blade and cleaning it. before handing it back to Alia. Glancing at his oldest and greatest friend he heaved a sigh and walked over to the chest, pulled a second one down from one of the shelves, an empty one not as large as the one left to trap them, but it would do.  Opening both up he put his hands in the full on and dumped it into the second and carried on doing that for a good ten fifteen mins. 

He closed the first one up, stopped and took another item out before closing it again and locking it. up he moved it onto the shelf. "All thats in there, is yours." he pointed to the second Shelf. "Should be enough in there to get yourself a small place you can call your own. Cottage maybe." Cal looked at her his dark green eyes softening "you've always been like a sister to me Allie, taught me not to be so naive and how the merchants really work. That chest covers my fee to you and a lot more besides. You better get out of here, i have some things to clear up and a business to claim and some of it to return to the people he took it from." Cal motioned to the horse and cart "bring it back in the morning." he told her and leaning forward he kissed her forehead "thanks Allie."  He put the pendant he had taken from his chest around her neck
Dropping to one knee beside the felled Corvino, Callum sifted through the contents of the man's clothes. "He'll never leave my mother and stepfather alone," he muttered, before revealing a set of keys. "Give me your dagger," he instructed Alia.

Well, at least he sort of asked this time. Alia pulled it free, handing it hilt first towards her close friend.

"You wouldnt dare to anything to me Kennedy," Corvino rasped, sensing that all of his good luck had run out. "Your was silence wtoo soft like your mother and your brother...."

The silence was telling. Even Alia, having grown up with Callum and witnessed how he had changed from a naive young boy to a canny young man, was unsettled by the way his familiar features warped into something strange. Giving a slight shake of her head, she stepped back from the pair, distancing herself from whatever was about to happen. She did not want to know more than she could already guess.

So when Callum took Corvino through to a backroom of the warehouse, Alia remained out front. She pointedly ignored the agonised screams and busied herself with the gruesome task of heaving the dead bodies closer to the large doorway so that Callum's men would be able to heft them onto a cart all the more quickly. Just because Corvino was a Bad Man didn't mean that at least some of the more do-gooder City Guard wouldn't want to investigate. Sooner the bodies were gone, sooner everyone just 'forgot' what happened. Aside from the blood spilled across the warehouse floor. But that wasn't Alia's problem.

A short time after the screams stopped (not that Alia noticed because what screams?), Callum returned to her and handed back the newly washed blade. He then went and fetched a small chest, filling it with the contents of what had been in Corvino's chest. Ever mindful of wherever coin was in her vicinity, Alia craned her neck, wondering what was going on.

"All thats in there, is yours." He finally explained. "Should be enough in there to get yourself a small place you can call your own. Cottage maybe."

Alia snorted. A lot of cottages going in Amaranthine City, was there? She marvelled how Callum could be so cold-hearted as to murder someone (not that she knew anything about it) and yet still be so impossibly blinded by her true nature. There was no way that coin was going towards anything but a good time. Still, she was grateful that her friend had not only honoured his agreement (she had been owed at least a portion of that chest just for the work she had done today!) but been kind enough to add more than a little extra in there, too.

"You've always been like a sister to me Allie," and now his face was back to how she expected. "Taught me not to be so naive and how the merchants really work. That chest covers my fee to you and a lot more besides. You better get out of here, i have some things to clear up and a business to claim and some of it to return to the people he took it from." He indicated the horse and cart. "Bring it back in the morning." He pressed a kiss against her forehead which was kinda gross and sweet rolled into one. "Thanks Allie." He put the pendant around her neck.

Shaking her head slightly, Alia could only offer an exasperated grin. "Take care of yourself, Big C. I'll see you soon, I'm sure." Neither of them had any notion of just how much would have changed by the time they next met.